Zheng Zhu (朱征)
Tenure-Track Assistant Professor (2020 - present)
View Zheng Zhu's CV
2006 - 2010 B. S. in Physics, Department for Intensive Instruction, Nanjing University
2010 - 2015 Ph.D. in Physics, Institute for Advanced Study, Tsinghua University
2015 - 2018 Postdoctoral Associate, Department of Physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
2018 - 2020 Post-Doctoral Fellow, Department of Physics, Harvard Unviersity
My research activities focus on quantum many-body problems in condensed matters especially strongly correlated electronic systems. One major direction is to understand the physics of exotic phases of matter and the phase transitions. The areas I studied include fractional quantum Hall systems, the doped Mott insulators, the frustrated magnetic systems and the heavy fermion systems. I am also interested in the computational condensed matter methods, including density matrix renormalization group (DMRG), exact diagonalization (ED), numerical renormalization group (NRG).
- Zheng Zhu, D. N. Sheng, Inti Sodemann, Widely Tunable Quantum Phase Transition from Moore-Read to Composite Fermi Liquid in Bilayer Graphene, Phys. Rev. Lett. 124, 097604 (2020).
- Rong-Yang Sun*, Zheng Zhu*, Zheng-Yu Weng, Localization in a t-J type ladder with translational symmetry, Phys. Rev. Lett. 123, 016601 (2019).
- Zheng Zhu, D. N. Sheng, Liang Fu, Spin/orbital density wave and Mott insulator in two-orbital Hubbard model on honeycomb lattice, Phys. Rev. Lett. 123, 087602 (2019).
- Zheng Zhu, Shao-Kai Jian, D. N. Sheng，Exciton Condensation in Quantum Hall Bilayers at Total Filling \nu_T=5, Phys. Rev. B 99, 201108(R) (2019).(Editors’ suggestion).
- Zheng Zhu, Itamar Kimchi, D.N. Sheng, Liang Fu, Robust non-Abelian spin liquid and a possible intermediate phase in the antiferromagnetic Kitaev model with magnetic field, Phys. Rev. B 97, 241110(R) (2018).
- Zheng Zhu, Liang Fu, D.N. Sheng, Numerical Study of Quantum Hall Bilayers at Total Filling \nu_T=1: A New Phase at Intermediate Layer Distances. Phys. Rev. Lett. 119, 177601 (2017).
- Inti Sodemann, Zheng Zhu, and Liang Fu, Quantum Hall ferroelectrics and nematics in multivalley systems, Phys. Rev. X 7, 041068 (2017).
- Zheng Zhu, Inti Sodemann, D.N. Sheng, Liang Fu, Anisotropy Driven Transition from Moore-Read State to Quantum Hall Stripes, Phys. Rev. B 95, 201116(R) (2017).
- Zheng Zhu, C. S. Tian, H. C. Jiang, Y. Qi, Jan Zaanen, and Z. Y. Weng, Charge modulation as fingerprints of phase-string triggered interference. Phys. Rev. B 92, 035113 (2015).
- Zheng Zhu, H. C. Jiang, D. N. Sheng and Z. Y. Weng, Nature of strong hole pairing in doped Mott antiferromagnets. Scientific Reports, 4, 5419 (2014).
Office: KITS, No. 7 Building, UCAS Zhong-Guan-Cun Campus [View Map]